Q : COMPETE NOOBS GUIDE TO BUYING YOUR FIRST REP.
Since I've seen many issues on the matter I thought I'd put together a liitle buying guide. These few little steps will insure a much smoother transaction and happy customers all around.
1) Look around and find the watch you want. Check out ALL the dealers websites and ask some questions. "who has the best xxxxxx" is not a very good question. Think about that one.
2) Choose a dealer. This is also a difficult to do but a lot of good info is located in the dealer review section found on the main page.
3) E-mail the dealer and ask them to source the watch for you. Most dealers don't like to do this but if you ask if the particular model is still available most will comply with your request.
4) Once the dealer gets back to you with availability, THEN AND ONLY THEN should talk of a money exchange be made.
5) BEFORE PAYMENT IS MADE request QC (quality control) pictures of your watch. (Ok to clear this up.....in simple terms) Ask for qc pictures before you pay. Pay once he agrees. Don't demand to see them before you pay, just get the dealer to say he will send them before he ships the watch. Dealers will want your money first as they do not want to be out of pocket if you decide that the rep game isn't for you. This is a VERY reasonable request due to your "noobiness". Think about if you were in there shoes. Nobody wants to be out of pocket including them. Almost no dealers carry stock of the watches listed on their websites especially of less popular reps. Once you have established a good relationship with a dealer this is not an unreasonable request.
6) Pay the man. However you agreed to.
7) You should get some sort of confirmation that the product is in hand and pictures of said watch. Make sure these pictures are not "stock" photos and prompty send your confirmation on the watch. This is great time to ask for a tracking number. Side note: most reps are sent EMS and there tracking system is not the best. Check YOUR postal service ie. USPS website for tracking updates. The tracking information will show up a few days after the parcel is sent.
8) Wait. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP. Keep in mind that up to this point you are are looking at a minimum of a week and MANY e-mails to get this point. Wait patiently, Shipping can take from a week up to several. Don't be concerned with "item is being inspected at customs" ect. ALL packages will be inspected by customs. Not many are truly inspected and our dealers are very good at describing the contents of these packages so not to attract attention. Enjoy your watch, AND POST SOME DAMN PICTURES ONCE IT ARRIVES!!! ;)
Q : WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF QC PICTURES?
Purpose of QC pic:
1) ensuring that you are getting the right watch
2) identifying any serious flaws in the item
Q : HOW TO: SET THE TIME ON THE GMT II A3186 MOVEMENT
I just purchased the Noob factory GMT II from a TD on this site. Setting the watch is a little complicated due to the custom A3186 / A3187 movement in the watch, so I thought I'd share my findings in a tutorial to help other members. CROWN POSITIONS: Position 0 = Crown screwed in
↓ Position 1 = crown unscrewed.
↓ Position 2 = hour hand adjust, resulting in the date changing when cycled 24 hours.
↓ Position 3 (crown full out) = time adjust, including minute hand, hour hand, and GMT hand. RULES / NOTES: It seems the main rules to be aware of, are: - Never adjust the hour/date hand in position 2, whilst GMT hand is between 10:00 - 02:20. This will break the movement apparently. - Apparently never adjust any of the hands using a clockwise direction on the crown if possible (I found this impractical when setting the minute hand, and mine has not broken). - I also noticed that moving my crown anti-clockwise changes the the time forwards, which seems to be the opposite to the gen, in which it would adjust the time forwards. So in short, the crown movement seems to adjust things backwards... A little bit strange, but none the less, something to be aware of.
SET THE WATCH IN 4 STEPS:
1. First, set the GMT hand to your time zone, to the nearest hour thats just passed.
2. Second, adjust the minute/hour hand to the actual time.
3. Third, adjust the hour hand.
4. Finally set the date. STEP 1 - Set the GMT Hand Always set the GMT hand to the hour that has just passed in your time zone. For example, if it's 05:15, then you would start out by calibrating it to 05:00. If it's 16:38, then you would set it for 16:00. - First fully pull out the crown to position 3. - Then adjust the crown anti-clockwise until the GMT hand is pointing to the correct hour on the bezel appropriate to where ever you are. Assuming the actual time is something like 16:38, then move the crown anti-clockwise until the GMT hand is pointing at the number 16 on the bezel or 08:00 on the dial, and the minute hand will be at 00:00 position (ignoring the hour hand for now). - Push the crown back in to position 1. - Done. The GMT hand is now set to your time zone. STEP 2 - Set the minute hand If you followed the instructions above, as per the example, you will need to wind the minute hand forwards now to the correct minute. - First pull the crown all the way back out to position 3. - Then move the crown anti-clockwise to the correct minute. In the example above, you would need to move it forward to 38 minutes (the GMT hand should also move forward slightly to co-ordinate). - Push the crown back to position 1, and you're done. STEP 3 - Set the hour hand By now your GMT hand will be in the right place, and your minute hand will be correct too, so you just need to set the hour hand. - First pull the crown all the way back out to position 3, then gently push it in with a very small click so it's at position 2. - Then move the crown anti-clockwise until the hour hand is correct. In the example above this would be at 04 (for 16:38). - Push the crown back in to position 1, and you're done. STEP 4 - Set the date By now your GMT, hour and minute hands will be in the right place, so now you just need to set the date right. - First pull the crown all the way back out to position 3, then gently push it in a small click so it's at position 2. - Then move the crown anti-clockwise in 24 hour cycles in order to increment the date forwards. - Once the date is correct, make sure to keep turning the crown until the hour hand is back on the correct hour. - Push the crown back in to position 1, and you're done. Finally, screw the crown back in to position 0
Q : WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT WRAPPED GOLD?
Recently, several factories release "Wrapped gold" 18k or 14k especially 116613 TT Submariners.
Is it real gold contain?
Some dealers say that it contain real gold.So more expensive.
But any dealer has no evidence for it.
What do you think about it?
1. Wrapped gold is a thin layer of gold "wrapped" over the steel and then bonded under pressure and heat. This produces a far thicker and therefore more durable coating than plating. It is also referred to as "gold filled". And yes its gold.
2. With Wrapped gold you get a lot more gold than gold plate. Gold plate is usually around 5 microns ( If it is good) Wrapped is from 20 to 30 microns generally. It should last well enough in normal use. Most significant scratches on a watch won't be more than 5 microns in depth, so it will resist that.
Problem is it is still too light compared with a real solid gold watch. A micron is 1000th of a millimeter.
Q : HOW LONG YOU SEND OUT MY WATCH AFTER YOU SENT QC PHOTO TO ME?
normally we will directly ship out customer watches if no reply after 24 hours we sent QC picture to customers.
Q : WHAT IS YOUR WORKING TIME ?
from Monday to Sunday. 24 Hours.
Q : WHAT IS HK NOMRAL REGISTERED AIR MAIL ?
1 Hongkong Post parcel services will be at the destination customs inspection it? There may be . In particular opportunity in Germany , Italy, France, South America , some countries are relatively high customs inspection .
2 Why does my parcel after two days the Internet ? Hongkong Post will be arranged upon departure packet scanning cargo , then can check the track .
3 Hong Kong has no remote parcel fee ? No remote fee , as long as you can place postal delivery .
4 Hong Kong registered parcel query time to be more long? Query time to one to three months time .
5 . Whether Hong Kong packet can use PO BOX address ? Hong Kong packet can use PO BOX address.
6 Hong Kong parcel weight limit is how much ? Suitable for light weight ( no more than 2 kg per package ) .
7 Hong Kong packet size limit is how much ? A, non-cylindrical -mail : max: length, width and depth of the total 900 mm ; total maximum size of 600 mm min: length 140 mm , width 90 mm B, cylindrical -mail : max: twice the diameter and 1,040 mm in total length ; aggregate larger size 900 mm min: the length of twice the diameter of 170 mm , a total size of 100 mm larger
8 . Restriction of the Hong Kong registered parcel items it? Restriction of Hong Kong registered parcel items have , in accordance with all international air cargo can not send provisions , such as liquid, powder, paste body , drugs , and arms .
9 Hong Kong registered parcel lost how to compensate ? Shipping + returns the highest value is not more than 320 Hong Kong dollars , which the declared value and the actual value of the person to take the low pay ( registration fee not lose ) .
10 What check the website of Hong Kong registered parcel is it ? Check website is : http://app3.hongkongpost.hk/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp
11 Hong Kong registered parcel will be returned if the delivery is unsuccessful ? Will be directly returned to Hong Kong return address .
12 Hong Kong parcel if there is an electronic signature ? Hong Kong parcel post, registered are no electronic file signatures.
13 Is the Hong Kong parcel tracking information can be viewed by ordinary ? Hong Kong packet surface is no way to view any information is recorded , you can not track any information.
14 Hong Kong how to compensate for lost packets ordinary ? Hong Kong packet loss can not be compensated surface , because they can not follow up any of the delivery of information .
15 Hong Kong registered parcel delivery whether it ? Hong Kong registered parcel is delivered to your door , as the customer is not at home will leave a note in the mail box of yours which allows you to contact your local post office pickup.
Q : WHAT IS YOUR RECOMMENDED SHIPPING METHOD FOR UK ?
We recommend use DHL and HK Normal register airmail. the DHL delivery time only 3-5 days. postage is 25USD. the HK normal register air mail delivery time to UK only 7-15 Days. The postage only 15USD.These are safety method. we can guaranty UK customs clear if you use this shipping method.
Q : DO YOU STILL HAVE 15% DISCOUNT ?
PLS USE PROMOTION CODE " TSWATCH " TO GET 5% DISCOUNT FOR CREDIT CARD PAYMENT.
WE OFFER 15% DISCOUNT FOR WU. MONEYGRAM. POSB. BANK TRANSFER. PAYMENT METHOD.
WE ALSO OFFER 15% DISCOUNT(western union payment) FOR ANOTHER DEALERS WEB SITE WATCHES.
ALL DISCOUNT EXCLUDE WATCH STRAPS. PARTS. BOXES. CUSTOM MADE WATCHES. AND WATCH SERVICES. AND ALL SPECIAL OFFER PRODUCTS.
Q : WHY MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT OVER CHARGED ?
Customers are charged more money is generally because of different currency transactions, The banks to charge 5/1000 to 3.5%-7%. Customers to buy foreign goods need to pay for oversea purchase tax, tariff is borne by consumers. we never and indeed will not over charge your money. we have no right to do it. and bank not allow us to do it.
Q : I USE CREDIT CARD TO HAVE A PAYMENT ON YOUR WEB SITE. HOW DO I KNOW MY PAYMENT IS SUCCESSFUL ?
Please wait within 24 hours (excluding Sunday). Our salesman will manual update your payment status in your account. Please log in your account to check the payment status. If your order status does not update in your account, it will mean that your payment failed. You can directly contact salesman for details. . Thanks.
Q : WHY DOES MY CREDIT CARD PAYMENT ALWAYS FAIL ?
*Some customers try to use credit card payment gateway. but your payment failed . that means :
1. you tried to use VPN.
2. Anonymous transactions, customers try to hide real IP.
3. Payment times, the amount exceeds the limit.
4. National restrictions. For countries with higher rates of refusal, banks will restrict purchases.
5. CC payment gateway company Risk control system interception.
6. The cardholder has a bad credit record, the cardholder card not Active overseas payment function, balance is insufficient, overdraft frozen, some card does not support remote cash.
*what you need to do ?
1. Please fills in the accurate details in your Credit Card during the Processors gateway verification.
2. Please make sure your IP address and Issuing country of card are the same.
3. Please remember that if you clicked REFRESH or BACK button, caused that the order would be generated. But payment was not accepted. Because of the Processor gateway will reject such double checkouts about over clicking.
4. The most important is: Please try to tell the relevant personnel of bank that doesn't stop the transaction. If your Credit Card Issuing Bank think that this is a foreign transaction, their system will automatically rejected or declined the transaction.
5. If you confirm all above no problem and still not able to pay. then please try again at another time or second day. if still not able to come through. then please directly contact our sales pay with Western union or Moneygram . thanks!
Q : WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS CREDIT CARD REFUND AS I STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY FUNDS BACK ?
-The refund process takes a long time because of all the steps involved;
-for instance, the merchant bank takes money back to card organization,
-then card organization takes money back to your card issuing bank,
-finally the issuing bank takes the money back to your card account.
-Pls note: the payment money exchange rate is different in USD to RMB and RMB to USD. so you received amount will be different with your payment amount.
-Every step will need time. Meanwhile, Saturday & Sunday are the holidays for the bank, so the international credit card refund normally takes 30-120 days.
-Please understand, we won't keep the refund in our side, and we have never done it..
-Once the seller refunded to you then the money has been submitted to the bank at the same time, without any delay.
-Now, you just need to wait for it patiently.
-Hope you can understand all.
-If you still have any question please feel free to contact us. Thanks.
Q : HOW DO I GET QC PHOTO FOR MY ORDER ？
If you want us to provide QC picture before shipment, and pls highlight the message in your order, we will fulfill your requirement.
Pls note: If there is no reply within 24 hours after we send QC picture to you, we will directly ship out the package to you.
Q : DO YOU ACCEPT PAYPAL ?
NO, WE DO NOT ACCEPT PAYPAL.
Q : WOULD YOU EMAIL ME TRACKING NUMBER WHEN PACKAGE SHIPPED OR LOCATED IN A SPECIAL PLACE IN YOUR SHOP ?
We will not send you e-mail to inform about your tracking number. However,but pls don't worry we will update the tracking number information in your account of our web site or you can use package tracking function to find your package tracking information.
Q : I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TRACK SHIPMENT. AS YOU SEE. AFTER THE PACKAGE LEFT SORTING CENTER IN A LONG
There are 2 reasons:
1. Because of your package on the plan delivering, and it will display shipping information on the internet when the package reach to your country.
2. Because of EMS post office does not update immediately shipping information on the internet.
Q : HOW MUCH I WOULD PAY INCLUDING SHIPPING ? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO HERE ?
please take look Shipping Policy on the main page
Q : DO YOU HAVE SECURE GATEWAY IN MY PAYMENT? WILL YOU GET MY PAYMENT AND CREDIT CARD INFORMATION ?
Our payment gateway is 100% secure, We has many secure certificate on web site. and your credit card information will never pass to us. When you have finished adding your products to the cart and ready to check out, you will be taken directly to the Banking payment page for submitting payment before you enter any credit card information.
Q : HOW LONG WILL I RECEIVE MY ORDER AFTER THE PAYMENT WAS RECEIVED ?
We arrange delivery within 3-5 days after the payment was received. Because we need to order watch from factory and we will do QC job.